This document guides you thru the strategy of putting in an IIS net server and configuring it to serve static content. Static content is a web web page (HTML) that’s delivered to the user precisely as stored. Static content displays the identical info for all users; dynamic content can display consumer-specific information, such because the person title.
A static-content web server is probably the most basic configuration of IIS for supporting HTML websites. You should utilize a static-content material internet server to host internal or external (public) web sites. If you set up IIS 8, the default set up offers all of the IIS modules required to support a static-content material web server. The default set up consists of the flexibility to serve static HTML files, documents, and images. IIS eight helps default documents, listing browsing, logging, and anonymous authentication for the static content server. You should use the web Platform Installer (Web PI) to install IIS and functions that run on IIS.
The online PI installs the latest versions of web platform choices, including updates. To learn more about the net PI, see Learn more and set up the online PI. You may also carry out this procedure by utilizing the Windows consumer interface (UI) or from a command line. 1. On the start web page, click on the Server Manager tile, and then click on Ok.
2. In Server Manager, select Dashboard, and click Add roles and options. 3. In the Add Roles and Features Wizard, on the Before You begin web page, click Next. 5. On the Select Destination Server web page, select Select a server from the server pool, select the identify of your computer, and click on Next. 6. On the Select Server Roles web page, select Web Server (IIS), and then click Next.
7. On the Select Features web page, notice the preselected options, and then click on Next. 8. On the web Server Role (IIS) web page, click Next. On the Select Role Services page, observe the preselected role companies, and then click Next. Install the IIS eight default position companies for a static-content net server.
- Create a brand new print queue on the Mac
- 35% of customers really feel brands hearken to them extra on Facebook
- Create a Virtual Friend
- Choose the best method to market your information product for better management
- Or do you assume that studying online advertising and marketing would be a waste of time
- 22/tcp open ssh
On the Confirm Installation Selections page, affirm your selections, and then click Install. 9. On the Installation Progress web page, affirm that your installation of the online Server (IIS) role and required role companies accomplished efficiently, after which click on Close. You see the default IIS Welcome page. 1. On the beginning web page, sort Control Panel, and then click on the Control Panel icon in the search outcomes.
2. In Control Panel, click on Programs, after which click Turn Windows options on or off. Within the Windows Features dialog field, click Internet Information Services, after which click on Ok. This motion installs the IIS eight default options. Install solely the default features for a static-content material net server. You see the default IIS Welcome web page. This step tells you ways to add a website to IIS by utilizing the IIS Manager UI, or by operating Appcmd.exe commands in a command-line window. For Windows Server 2012, on the beginning web page click the Server Manager tile, after which click Ok. In the Server Manager, click the Tools menu, after which click on Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
For Windows 8, on the beginning web page sort Control Panel, after which click on the Control Panel icon in the search outcomes. On the Control Panel screen, click on System and Security, click Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. 1. In the Connections pane, right-click the Sites node in the tree, after which click on Add Website. 2. Within the Add Website dialog box, enter a friendly title for your webpage in the location title box. 3. If you need to pick out a unique utility pool than the one listed in the applying Pool field, click on Select. Within the Select Application Pool dialog box, select an application pool from the applying Pool record and then click Ok.